GPM® Projectmanagement (EN), version 2020
The GPM® Basic Certificate in Project Management course is a 5-day training in which students from any university can gain an initial overview of project management. The certification exam forms the basis for further project management certificates of levels A, B, C and D (see graphic “Levels of certification”).
The GPM German Association for Project Management e. V. (GPM®) is a non-profit professional association for project management and the German country representative of the International Project Management Association (IPMA).
The statutory task of GPM is the promotion of project management, in particular education and training as well as research and information in this field. The association is a provider of courses, seminars, workshops and conferences and offers further education for different levels of project management competence.
The GPM® Basic Certificate in Project Management course is a 5-day training in which students from any university can get a first overview in project management.
Students learn to understand the language of project management, get to know first PM methods (such as goal definition, stakeholder management, risk management, project phases etc.) and to understand and be able to shape their own contribution in the project.
The content of the course prepares you for the official basic certificate in project management (GPM). The following topics are covered:
- General understanding of projects and project management
- Identifying and managing various stakeholders
- Defining project goals and requirements
- Recognizing and assessing project risks and opportunities
- Quality management in the project
- Establishing a project organization
- Teamwork in the project
- Problem analysis and solutions in the project
- Creating project structures
- Defining scope of services and delivery objects in the project
- Planning and execution of project phases
- Project sequence and scheduling
- Resource planning in the project
- Cost and financial planning in the project
- Principles of contract law for projects
- Configuration and change management in the project
- Project controlling
- Information and documentation management in the project
- Communication management in the project
After the course, participants can register for an official – English language – certification exam to receive a GPM® certificate that is fully recognized in the industry sector. The examination fee for students is EUR 150.00 incl. VAT and is not included in the course fee.
More information about the course content, version 2020:
Conditions of participation
- Fully enrolled students, no matter at which university
- Min. 20 persons
- Max. 30 persons
- Cost: 400,00 EUR, without certification exam
- Students can receive a fully recognized industry certificate, which can prove to be a door opener for a first job after graduation. More information about the certification in the official guide as PDF: https://www.gpm-ipma.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Zertifizierung/Projektmanagement/Z01_Leitfaden_Onlinepruefungen.pdf
Next dates (currently only virtually via Zoom)
German course: Feb. 17th to 19th, 2022 and Mar. 11th to 12th, 2022
English course: May, 02nd and May 12th to 14th, 2022
Course times are daily from 09:00 to 15:00.
The course takes place online via Zoom. All relevant content is recorded and made available to you in our own e-learning system. This means you won’t miss a thing – even if you are prevented from attending. In addition, the recordings are a valuable tool for your targeted, individual exam preparation.
The course is aimed at all students who will work as application consultants, business process architects, business process managers/team leaders/power users, enterprise architects and program/project managers after graduation. Ideally, students will have already gained business or engineering knowledge in their studies.
The exam is booked by the participants themselves in the follow-up. More information about the exam will be provided during the course.
400,00 EUR per person incl. VAT without training material.
17. to 19.02.2022 and 11. to 12.03.2022 (German version), May 2022 (English version)